2. The ancient rock-hewn churches of Tigray were built between 4th and 15th century.
3. Three days hiking in the Simien Mountains, known for some of the best treks in Africa.
4. The 11 medieval monolithic cave churches were built or rather carved from the rock by king Lalibela in the 13th-century as a 'New Jerusalem'.
5. Emperor Fasilidas established Gondar as a capital of Ethiopia in 1636. The castles, palaces and churches from the period are now UNESCO World Heritage Site.
6. Erta Ale is active volcano in the Danakil Depression, Ethiopia. It has the most impressive and the longest existing lava lake in the worl
STAFF PICK FOR TODAY
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
1,598 Views 1 Likes
231 Views 1 Likes
1,474 Views 0 Likes
391 Views 0 Likes
434 Views 2 Likes
2,980 Views 7 Likes